Skip to main content

tv   Mad Money  NBC  October 28, 2015 3:00am-4:00am CDT

3:00 am
>> get over here, hoda woman! >> i don't know why i'm laughing so hard.ard. to make you money. i'm here to level the playing field for all investors. there's always a bull market somewhere and i promise to help you find it. "mad money" starts now. >> hey, i'm cramer. welcome to "mad money." welcome to cramerica. other people want to make friends. i'm just trying to make you money. my job is not just to entertain but educate and teach you. call me or tweet me @jimcramer. expectations for individual companies right now are all over the place. and when that happens, you get some very exaggerated moves. even as the averages might not seem to be doing much.
3:01 am
s&p declining .26%. nasdaq losing .09%. it's all underneath the surface. the moves were all over the map and the volatility was insane because the expectations are moving to be totally off base in so many different cases. the best example, twitter. i've been telling people to cool it already about the stock. don't get too excited about new features or the new jack dorsey regime because the ceo just got started. this thing can't be turned around that easily. i even lost my cool this morning. it says people should just give the guy a chance and not bet on the near term. no, expectations got ridiculously high. many say jim if you do like three more periscopes can't that be additive to earnings? no.
3:02 am
guidance is weak. things just got out of hands. stocks can drop to the low 20s in august. incredibly bizarre expectations for the largest company in the world, apple, which reporting this evening gave us good earnings. we got lots of whispers. there was a massive slow down in phones because some german semi-conductor said that business was weak and people thought the apple's business was weak. it had to be doing badly and that the apple could worsen in china. the narrative got more and more negative. especially since tim cook told me china was strong. once again it was wrong. that's why apple did a good number managed to put in a descent after hours showing instead of going down big as so many people had expected because of that thing, that dialogue company from germany. those were par for the wild course. the day started out outlandishly
3:03 am
when we got outstanding results from alibaba. back on october 8th the stock up 67, down almost 50% from its highs leaving shareholders that bought it on the ipo and all the way up leading from the eye balls, founder urged investors to think long-term because the company is doing extraordinarily well. since then alibaba stock has been off to the races. when the company reported a spectacular amount of money this morning, the stock immediately rallied six points right from the get go. however then alibaba sold off. in part because the market slid but also because expectations were easily trumped and there was a second more important consideration. the stock anticipated this good news so with an excessive move ahead of itself.
3:04 am
so in n her words even though the expectations were blown away the stock figured it out. i was convinced if you buy yahoo! as a proxy for alibaba given it's stake in the company you get what's left of yahoo! itself after it distributes it's position to shareholders. right now yahoo! is being valued as though it's worth next to nothing itself. it seems nuts to me. i don't know if the expectations are high and the company delivers something that seems less impressive than wall street wants. that's what happened to t-mobile today. this company has repeatedly beaten the numbers. t-mobile shows some very good subscriber growth today but it issued a statement, more on that later, and people couldn't figure out, maybe t-mobile is still on fire. maybe the fire has gone out. i think the fire is still ranging but the expectations are all that matters on earnings day. coupled by it's own consistency it created expectations that got
3:05 am
it. we saw the same thing in july with helen of troy. i bet it's the same with t-mobile because the bomb throwing ceo john legere did exactly what he had done before. put up terrific subscriber growth. always tends to workout in the end. just had to be harder to discern this time because of one time items. they're taken out of the stock along with hot money. i like the opportunity. particularly in an analyst downgrades it tomorrow. today dupont reported such a horrendous quarter that obviously gassed. it was horrible. it missed on almost every single one. especially with dow chemical. but duponts new management was even more appalled and basically said in a statement that it would do whatever it takes to maximize value so the expectations were unfulfilled but management addressed the situation immediately.
3:06 am
rallied 3%. it bolstered the already high expectations of an increased e-commerce set by walmarts decision to go all in. people look right through the near term just like we saw with disney. investors look through the quarter for the shanghai disney launch but the one thing no one thought could happen was a short fall the quarter ahead of star wars. lost almost 3%. finally, there are situations where you're so used to a guide down that you cheer and just get a reaffirmation of the company's previous estimates. that's why i'm with coach today. revenue wasn't so hot. neither meant nearly as much as a statement for the company. the statement was amazing. it said that analysts didn't need to cut numbers. it's so regularly had it's numbers saved that it might as
3:07 am
well be balanced. but not this time and that's why i think there could be more games ahead. building on a 4% rally that it has gotten for beaten down shareholders. of course there's many kinds of expectations. i urge people to own rite aid because if the company got together on earnings then the stock would soar and if it didn't it could watch a takeover bid. it caught a $9 share this evening. i'm not sure if this viewer can get the antitrust concerns but the expectations and those that held on for a long time should be thrilled. here's the bottom line. a lot of different expectations and different reactions by stocks which is why you need to know what people are looking for and not just what is said. that's the key to understanding the seemingly bizarre movements we have seen both during the session and then in after hours trading. can we go to sam in ohio, please? sam. sam. you're up.
3:08 am
go ahead, sam. >> my question is a two part question. looking at my position in bp, i want your opinion breaking it up into three segments to increase value into refinery and retail. >> boy, i don't know if he's going to do that, sam. because the companies that broke up is separated refinery are the ones really being hurt the hardest. dudly is a smart guy. i don't think he's going to do that. i think the stock is just okay here. oil needs to go higher for that to be a good one. vincent in pennsylvania please, vincent. >> hi, jim. thanks for taking my call. >> quite welcome. >> i had a position in corning. i'm down about $18.60 a share. with the recent release and recent announcement $20 billion
3:09 am
half going to dividends and stock buy backs, what's your outlook? >> in the end i think the end markets aren't so great and if this stock corning -- glass works, i call it glass works, but corning, it's been a disappointer and i don't think that's going to change. like a game of wild expectations you need to understand them in order to understand a company's moves and that explains today's volatility including some of the biggest caps recruiting apple. on "mad money" tonight spirit airlines is facing turbulence. stock is down over 50%. but the company reported better than expected earnings this morning? is the possible the market might be missing something? i don't know. then, don't miss an epic show down over the fate of an important apparel stock that you have in your closet and the wake of crude, i'm circling backth find out what is happening with
3:10 am
stick with cramer. >> send jim an e-mail to madmoney@cnbc.com or give us a
3:11 am
head to madmoney.cnbc.com. back when the airline stocks were rocketing higher spirit, an ultra low cost carrier with a long track record of profitable growth was among the hottest of the hot. wouldn't it be cut in half year to date. what's going on here? well, you know spirit has been slammed by downgrades but this morning company reported quarter that at first glance seemed to be pretty good. beating estimates by 3 cents. higher than expected revenues rose 10.6% year over year. the company went about a volatile price environment. they raised the full year capacity forecast. feels like there's too much competition in the airline space. that puts pressure on prices. plus there were indeed some optimum numbers. and a 70.5% decline. those are usually important me tricks. however when you consider the
3:12 am
stock is trading at less than 8 times next years earnings you have to wonder, has it been punished enough? let's take a closer look with the president and ceo of spirit airlines to hear more about the quarter. welcome back to "mad money." >> thank you, jim. it's good to be back with you. >> you and have been around. we had this period where airlines made a lot of money and it was considered to be, let's say generous. is it over? >> well, you know, i think there was a sense a little while agatha consolidation was good for the industry because it limited capacity increases and put capacity more in line with the industries cost of capital which kept prices stable. since we have seen a big drop in fuel from late last year it seems that consolidation didn't have much to do with the stability of the industry. it was really high fuel prices that kept people disciplined and now low fuel prices, the
3:13 am
industry is just growing and will fill all the seats that the industry added, prices have come down. >> now if that's the case we have to go back to things you said. you've never dodged anybody. i have to admit. it's great that you're here because you're not a dodger. but you did say hey listen. if this continues next year is going to be lower earnings than this year. being a ceo, we never want to hear that. >> we don't want that to happen either and we can't be sure if that will happen. but it's a very diluted one. there's a lot of seats chasing fewer passengers and that's put a lot of pressure on fairs and if something doesn't change with that, what we're saying is it could workout where that's true but our crystal ball on the revenue environment for next year is just very cloudy right now. while that could happen -- >> one thing i don't want to see is that this industry goes from gain to loss. we're still talking about profitability no matter what in
3:14 am
2016, you think, right? >> well, i think it's important to remember, jim, that spirit has been profitable since 2007. we were profitable in '07, '08, '09 and we'll be profitable in a recessionary environment and the reality is that spirit is outperforming and earnings right now. because our out performance is grae great but we're still 21.5 to 23% margins this year. if you had a show that was only based on companies that grew 30% this year and had 20% or greater margins, how long would that show be, jim? >> well, that would be -- that would be about as long as some of the careers in the nfl when you're 0-6. not good. >> that's where spirit is right now. >> you say you use a skap pal
3:15 am
getting people to turn back and coming your way, none of that. >> we're a numbers driven company, jim, so we allocate our capital based on the numbers they're producing and the reality is our planes are full and we're making good returns with the flying we're doing today so it doesn't make sense to make wholesale changes. now that said the environment is punitive. it's very die luted right now so it's effecting where we fly and how much we fly but we're a growth company and we're going to continue that growth because we're able to grow and earn mid teens margins at least through even a very punitive kind of revenue environment. >> let's put another spin on it. as prices have come down for everybody else, are more people traveling at least? or is it also a slow down in the number of people who are traveling? >> well, a lot of people are traveling. if you divide the industry into sort of the lowest and the
3:16 am
highest, our business only caters to the lowest fair customers so we don't really know. we can't look at our numbers and see what's happening in the business travel in the u.s. or in that level of travel because we don't carry any of that business. we have our business which means discretionary customers that want a cheap fair, business is great. there's a lot of low fairs out there for customers and demand is strong which is why our planes are very full. it's just at a lower rate than it was a year ago and that's what put pressure on the unit revenues and the margins. >> is there a way that discipline can come back in the environment? i know you're not allowed to talk to each other. but can discipline just kind of reappear? >> well, you know, it all depends. i mean, the capacity drives pricing in the industry when there's empty seats, there's a demand to fill those seats and that usually comes through
3:17 am
predicated on lower fuel prices. our vote is based from years ago our ability to attract a segment of the market that's not been served by the industry so we believe that our growth is going to be any energy environment. some of the flying out there by the bigger guys probably won't -- that's probably not as true with that growth. so the reality is that i think that there's -- i'm not saying anybody's being irrational. everybody is being rational for their companies. what that means is lower prices for the world right now. that's good for consumers and at spirit, we're a 5.5 cent fuel per cost airline that's trending down. the rest of the industry is at 8 cents trending up. so in an environment of low price it's good to be spirit. >> all right. thank you so much for coming on. talking straight as you always do. the president and ceo of spirit airlines. good to see you, sir. >> thank you very much, jim. >> tough group, man doesn't dodge. comes right on tv. i like that.
3:18 am
break. >> coming up, it's a leading supplier for some of the most recognizable brands in your closet. but the fabric is being stretched thin by a war on wall street. is this the opportunity to grab it for your closet? or is it too tight to fit? cramer is trying this stock on for size. next. your clever moves won't stop the cold and flu. but disinfecting with lysol can. because lysol wipes and spray are approved to kill more types of germs than clorox. including those that can make you sick. for a healthy home this cold and flu season... lysol that. start the interview with a firm handshake. ay,no! don't do that! try head & shoulders instant relief.
3:19 am
try head & shoulders instant relief. for cooling relief in a snap. bring us your aching and sleep deprived. bring us those who want to feel well rested. aleve pm. the only one to combine a sleep aid... plus the 12 hour pain relieving strength of aleve. be a morning person again with aleve pm. forget about the cowboy walk because of a saggy diaper it's time to dance freely thanks to new pampers cruisers the first and only diaper that helps distribute wetness evenly into three extra absorb channels. so it stays drier and doesn't sag like other diapers so wiggle it jiggle it and do, whatever that is, in new pampers cruisers love, sleep and play.
3:20 am
i like this story because it explains how the business works. i want you to understand it. we can ask the bigger policy maker you know of. they got caught in a true cross fire with a bunch of analyst with different opinions. here on "mad money" we love these fights because the best way to learn about a stock is when you heard both side of the story and you have to make up your mind. first back on friday october 16th when the stock hit $30 and change that's crucial, credit suisse upgraded to out perform and raised the price target to the mid 30s. said it's time. however the same day they initiated coverage with a hold rating. it was a weak hold and much lower $29 price target like don't bother. so far the bears see this as really winning.
3:21 am
especially since yesterday another good firm downgraded the stock from buy to neutral slashing from 38 down to 31 and that was 6.4% in a single session which got my attention and made me want to do this story. they have been punished brutally with the stock trading $27. and given that the company is reporting in a couple of weeks on november 12th, let's spend some time on it. figure out which side is right. might actually deserve to go higher or head back from where it came not that long ago but before we go into the bull and bear thesis let me give you a better idea of what gilead actually does. this is an apparel company and that's true. they make t-shirts, sport shirts, hosiery, shape pear. they make their own clothing under different brands. as well as licensing brands from other companies.
3:22 am
for example they make under armour branded socks and new balance branded t-shirts. then there's what they call print wear. where they make basic undecorated t-shirts or fleeces or sweatshirts and then they sell them to screen printers or that decorate it for a whole line of sports teams, charities, churches, entertainment promoters, you name it. if you have one with something like this, that shirt was probably made by gildan. you might not have known this but this is the kind of thing that's imbedded in your wardrobe. by the way, i think that we should have these and on the back it should have the standings. but why do you think? more important for the purpose of this you may not know that it's been one of the best performing stocks in the last four years. it rallies from $9 in 2011 to 35
3:23 am
in fact, like no other in the group. which makes this difference of opinion all the more remarkable because when momentum loses momentum there's often no bottom. this has been put through the meat grinder. then getting cut to pieces thanks to the negative coverage not to mention the guide down last week from vf corp. as well as higher than expected inventories from underarmour and yes a disappointing earnings report from skechers. so let's start with the bull case from credit suisse. even if that bullish thesis doesn't seem to be gaining much traction right now. for starters the analysts like that the recent sell off had taken it down to different levels. then 20% outside if we go back to the target. but since then the stock has gone lower. maybe it makes it cheaper. plus credit suisse points out strong sales momentum and they
3:24 am
underwear business. up to 10% by the end of the year. why are they so bullish? when they reported at the end of july stock got blasted and management said they plan to double the amount of places they're sold at by the end of 2015. that would be remarkable. it's worth noting that the same that upgraded a couple of weeks ago downgraded a stock at its high from buy to neutral and between the downgrade and upgrade the stock fell more than 5%. in otherwise, this isn't a bull. it makes me think the upgrade has to be taken seriously. we like price sensitive analysts here on "mad money." however it does look like they were too eager to go positive given what looked to be swelling inventories for all sorts of apparel now. or take the bear case. on the same day that credit suisse upgraded they came out with this hold and $29 price target. that's below where the stock was trading.
3:25 am
this is part of the branded apparel where the analysts believe that innovation and branding will define the losers and winners in the sector. that puts them at a disadvantage in the eyes of the analysts. i don't think it makes sense to lump the companies with nike and under armour which traded substantially higher. much more difficult to crash into nike or under armour's business. even though brean points out positives, they only don't like the risk reward or the fact that the company was was there. they sent the stock down 6.4%. the argument is that walmart, remember what they said? they blew up earlier this month with along with the weak results from major apparel companies
3:26 am
this analyst points out that gildan must be struggling. walmart is the biggest customer. they don't like the inventory levels. they could have to cut prices and get rid of the inventory. i don't like that at all. it has a strong long-term story but they worry that the current environment is uglier. now you hear both sides of the argument. at these levels gildan is trading at 14.5 times earnings estimates. that's not cheap enough to intrigue me with what's going on out there in the mall. eventually the stock is going to go too low to ignore but i'm not sure if we reached that point yet because i too am concerned about excessive inventory at the store level. who might contradict them.
3:27 am
clothing company. so let me give you the bottom line. i think gildan has a powerful long-term story. i like their shirts very much. but i think the stock takes more punishment in the short-term considering the weakness at the retail level and i think you need to avoid this one until we get better news from the mall given that right now inventories have us more concerned about retail than we've been in ages. why don't i speak to patrick in my home state of new jersey. patrick. >> booyah. >> i want to get your opinion on fitbit. i bought in around $33 a share. i wanted to know what is the long-term outlook for the company as a whole? wellness programs but i'm concerned that competitors would drive down consumer sales. >> fitbit is a momentum stock right now. momentum is weak but you said the crucial thing.
3:28 am
long-term on fitbit. as a matter of fact i think fitbit has an ecosystem that is second to none and i think that if you have a long-term perspective you'll do fine. short-term, could it go to 32? absolutely. why don't we stick to my home state. why don't we go to john in new jersey. john. >> booyah, jim. >> booyah, john. >> how you doing? >> i'm doing great. how about you? >> i'd be better if the eagles were doing better. but that's all right. >> i keep thinking my daughter said, dad, it's out of your hands, you can't take it that personally. it's out of your hands. and it's out of my hands and i'm taking it personally -- okay. i'm sorry. what's the stock? >> short of fanatic. my question is on under armour. the earnings looked good but the stock was punished. >> inventory levels were
3:29 am
they have a little more merchandise than they needed. under armour is a great brand. six months from now we'll say it's up. this retail environment is very, very hard but i like under armour long-term. i like it more long-term than fit bit. when analysts go against each other, guess who wins? you. i think gildan has a great story but avoid it until retail improves. much more "mad money" ahead. we have to find out what is going on. then i'm dialing in and explaining what is right for you. plus i might be gearing up for tomorrow's republican debate on cnbc. that doesn't mean i don't have time to take your questions. stick around, the lightning round is just ahead. oh my. stick with cramer! their laundry smells more amazing than ever. (sniff)
3:30 am
isn't that the dog's towel? (dog noise) hey, mi towel, su towel. more gain scent, plus oxi boost and febreze for 3 big things in one gain fling. it's our best gain ever! americans. 83% try... to eat healthy. yet up to 90% fall short in getting... key nutrients from food alone. let's do more. add one a day women's. complete with key nutrients we may need. plus bone health support with calcium and vitamin d. one a day women's you get a cold. you can't breathe through your nose. suddenly, you're a mouthbreather. well, just put on a breathe right strip which instantly opens your nose up to 38% more than cold medicine alone. shut your mouth and say goodnight mouthbreathers. breathe right guys listen up! jake, put that down point it at the ground til your ready that's not the ground leo put that down
3:31 am
when your day goes on and on, you need 48 hour odor protection that goes on clear for no white marks. secret outlast clear gel. heart health's important... so you may take an omega-3 supplement ...but it's the ingredients inside that really matter for heart health. bayer pro ultra omega-3 has two times the concentration of epa and dha as the leading omega-3 supplement.
3:32 am
>> we all know the price of oil is incredibly important to the stock market. down nearly another $1 per barrel in today's trading on the own. reversing the rebound we saw earlier this month. that's why we're going off the charts. he is a fabulous chartest who happens to be my colleague at
3:33 am
real money.com as well as being the publisher of right view trading.com. got to get a view on two big important subgroups. and the oil service companies which have already reported. the last time we checked in near the end of september he made a bold call that no one i know was making saying that exxon was about to go up and leave it higher. man did he nail it? it's up 11% since we ran that segment. however with the price of crude not pulling back and exxon coming down from the recent highs he thinks we do have to reappraise the whole group. they're ready for a pause. a period of consolidation. doesn't mean the whole complex is coming down. rather than a sector-wide sell off he predicts a change in leadership. as the big integrated oils
3:34 am
oil service stocks which lagged lately could soon be ready to break out to the upside and start making up for lost times leading the group. first exxon and the other majors will trade sideways in the near future. look at this chart of exxon mobil. when we checked in four weeks ago he predicted that exxon was ready to run because it had been trading sideways. while the money fall indicators had turned positive. exxon went higher. this is a move where everyone thought it was going to be like that. no, he nailed it. higher. broke out through several levels of resistance and cross above the 50 day moving average. however at this point he thinks exxon may have encounters a ceiling of resistance. may have been able to keep the stock down for sometime. the 200 day moving average. which is a couple of points above where exxon is current tlading. meanwhile at the top of the chart you can see the slow
3:35 am
which is a tool used to decide whether stocks might be overbought or oversold. it's in extremely overbought territory. it's likely to run out of room to rally for at least the moment. the pull back should not come at as much of a surprise. i'm sure some of you are saying here it goes again. he's saying the stock is poised for sideways action. they move between the high 70s and low 80s. i think this positive. the graph at the very bottom that showed the performance of the market vectors oil service etf. everyone knows it as the oih in this business. what you're looking at is the oih versus the performance of exxon over the last six months. we can see the oil service index underperformed exxon by 15% over that period. it's by more than 20% in the
3:36 am
this is interesting. he believe that the dynamic might be about to change. oil service stocks he thinks are now ready to out perform in big integrators like exxon. so now take a look at the day lay chart of the oih. that's the oil service etf i just mentioned. it's a lot to like here even with the price of crude at the moment. i was was concerned down. you can see that the october and september lows are like a double buy. >> meanwhile, they broke up the 50 day moving average. that's the red. earlier this month and then pulled back to retest it. forming a bullish flag pattern in the process. today oih got slammed but the 50 day moving average, it held. that was important.
3:37 am
strength index or the rsi, an important momentum indicator as well as the moving average, he like what is he sees. both indicators are in positive territory. that's strong momentum plus the accumulation distribution line measures the slow of money flowing into and out of a given security. it's above it's 21 moving day average signal. that reflects positive money flow. healthy buying pressure. all of these indicators sow jest that the big boys are actually loading up while everything else is going down. so there's so much negative charter. if it can break out above the top of the flag at 3150, get this, 3750, smooth sailing. in fact, when you check out the chart of the biggest and best run oil service company when you know i like it you can see this break out.
3:38 am
holding in. it's been similar to the action in the oha. you can see the stock made a double bottom again. this is very important in late august and early october you can see that they make that flag pattern again. but unlike that they broke above the flag pattern and the top of the flag has now become the new floor of the stock. that held during today's hideous sell off. this indicator is a 21 day average of the accumulation distribution line. it measures the level of buying or selling pressure. it's using this to get a sense of whether the money managers are buying or selling. in that case it's in positive territory. meaning there's still buying pressure. if you look at the top of the
3:39 am
chart, moving average, it's showing positive momentum. yet another sign that they could be headed higher. i know this is contrary but you have exxon right. how high could he go? it could easily rally up to the 200 day moving average. that's 82. that's five points above. my view, you know i'm a big fan and i like how it's been aggressively able to cut costs here and i like the fact that it's too hard and they're merging. that could help oil service industry pricing like it did the airlines although remember fuel played a role. now let me give you the bottom line. the charts suggest while the big integrated oil, exxon being the best example might be due, the oil service stocks could be ready not to rollover but the war. this is a wildly controversial position when the price of crude got slammed yet again but remember the darkest moment last time he said there would be a rally in exxon.
3:40 am
if he is right again when it comes to the extremely volatile or potentially very rewarding oil service stock. mad money is back after the break.(under his breath) hey man! hey peter. (unenthusiastic) oh... ha ha ha! joanne? is that you? it's me... you don't look a day over 70. am i right? jingle jingle. if you're peter pan, you stay young forever. it's what you do. if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. you make me feel so young... it's what you do. you make me feel so spring has sprung. we're all familiar with this, axe daily fragrances. but what you wouldn't have seen is this, axe dry spray antiperspirant. why are you touching your armpit? i was just checking to see if it's dry. don't, that's weird.
3:41 am
that's right. preparations are underway out in boulder and tomorrow is the big day. the republican debate here on cnbc. i'm telling you this is just too important to miss. coverage begins at 5:00 p.m. eastern. your money, your vote. be there. i certainly will be. and now, it is time, it is time for the lightning round. and then the lightning round is
3:42 am
are you ready? time for the lightning round. my home state of new jersey. herb. >> jim, is my dividend safe with etp? >> all i can tell you is they just boosted the dividend the other day. you may think it may not be safe but they did just boost it. hard to imagine them boosting it and then cutting it. let's go to case in texas. >> my question is about soufun holdings. right now i don't earn it but because of the attractive dividend yield i was considering it. >> but it's a chinese stock and i don't recommend chinese stocks on the show. not until i get more clarity from the party. if they want to tell me it's time to party down i will. the communist too hard to figure. let's go to merle in illinois. >> hi, jim, we'll like your
3:43 am
opinion on dell tacos. >> everyone is buzzing about this stock. i can't get behind it. the restaurant stocks are influx. let's go to paul in virginia. >> a big booyah to you. getting read do celebrate a birthday in november. >> we'll be doing a veterans show here too. >> you guys are great. i love it when you do that. my stock is isis pharmaceutical. i've been accumulating it since march. how much do you think it will be worth? >> well, you're approaching it long-term which is the way you have to do it. buy it on big dips but the big dogs are still in big move. they go up really big before we can get comfortable. let's go to luke in california.
3:44 am
>> how you doing, jim? >> real good. how about you, partner. >> great. so my question is about lam research. >> lam research is a buy and that acquisition was brilliant and i think you have to buy that stock right here, right now, and that ladies and gentlemen, that is the conclusion of the lightning round. >> the lightning round is sponsored by td ameritrade.here's a little healthy advice. eat well, live well, and take of what makes you, you. right down to your skin with aveeno aveeno daily moisturizing lotion with the goodness of active naturals oat and 5 vital nutrients for healthier looking skin in just one day. healthy skin equals beautiful skin. and for shower softness, add the body wash, too! aveeno naturally beautiful results americans. we try to live healthy. but many of us don't know there are nutrients that can help support our metabolism.
3:45 am
take new one a day healthy metabolism support multivitamin with chromium to help use carbs from food and b-vitamins to helpconvert food to fuel. one a day. let's get these dayquil liquid gels and go. but these liquid gels are new. mucinex fast max. it's the same difference. this one is max strength and fights mucus. mucinex fast max. the only cold and flu liquid gel that's max-strength and fights mucus. let's end this. it's the final countdown! the final countdown! if you're the band europe, you love a final countdown. it's what you do. if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico.
3:46 am
>> the telecommunication stocks can serve as a virtual clinic for stock picking. each one has its own distinctive quirks and opportunities not to mention pitfall unlike many of the groups it's truly up to the individual to assess which of the stocks fits you best considering the variables involved. let's do some teaching. first how about we start with this t-mobile because it is top of mind having just reported and because i interviewed the ceo today. t-mobile just moved from the stock exchange. calling out at&t and verizon as dumb and dumber which i always thought sprint was the headless bird that represents the most hilarious moment from the comedy classic. he had good things to say about
3:47 am
sprint. more on that in a moment. ask yourself with the stock down 5.7% was his brashness justified? i think that today's declines was unjustified because while it wasn't a so-called clean quarter, so to speak, there was plenty to like about it. unlike ata which beat on rate estimates or verizon t-mobile gave you the solid customer ads and kept projection steady which i think freaks people out. a lot of the traders are so used to getting monster surprises to the upside from this thing. but i like it now that they're gone. i'm not a chaser of stocks and i don't like anything to buy on the run which is why i think this rare decline might end up being an opportunity for those that want to seek out t-mobile. here's a company that delivered another giant chunk of subscriber ads. 2.312 million now billed out
3:48 am
that's important. keep that in mind and is still taking share away from the rest of the industry. the decline came from some one time charges and made it difficult to see how good the quarter was. however you have to look at the leverage here. once the big geographic spend is over, given the millions of square miles now covered by this network it's almost done and the profit numbers could be good indeed. the way they describe it is 305 million people, how many are covered? and that means that t-mobile is almost done. it's up 45% year to date. it's coming in here. it could be terrific to the growth seekers out there given the fact that it might be done having to spend those billions of dollars. how about the others? verizon's growing subscribers more slowly but it has gigantic cash flow and excellent coverage of the dividend. this is truly a bond market equivalent story.
3:49 am
it's down more than 1%. as for at&t this one is tougher. the cash flow isn't as hefty versus a dividend with a yield with with better than verizon and even as the company raised it's forecasts stocks is down 1% for the year. i like that at&t bought directv but he challenged me on that. at&t does make them more competitive. i don't know about that. but i do love my directv and i like the sales pitch that they're now giving. especially in an environment when you want out of market football games because of national addiction to daily fantasy. possibly more down side. more risk. maybe reward. because of that directv strategy. but if you really want risk you have to go for sprint which is next tuesday. up 18% for the year. i think the numbers will be good and more important if google or
3:50 am
comcast, the parent company of this network or another firm gets in the game, these are all mentioned as dark horses and they could come in. i think you could see the acquisition of sprint or even t-mobile. the former if the billed out is more complete because it's so expensive and the latter if the stock fails to go higher. t-mobile could be a sitting duck with that subscriber growth if the stock doesn't go higher from here given that it's build out is almost done. so there you have it. there's menu. which one is for you. that's something that only you can decide but i can tell you that this menu is a terrific way to judge your own towers for risk. not to mention what you want out of the stock and your portfolio. stick with cramer.a dry mouth can be a common side effect. that's why there's biotene. it comes in oral rinse, spray or gel so there's moisturizing relief for everyone. biotene, for people who suffer from dry mouth. enough pressure in here for ya? i'm gonna take mucinex sinus-max. too late, we're about to take off.
3:51 am
these dissolve fast. they're new liquid gels. and you're coming with me... you realize i have gold status? mucinex sinus-max liquid gels. dissolves fast to unleash max strength medicine. let's end this. we're all familiar with this, axe daily fragrances. but what you wouldn't have seen is this, axe dry spray antiperspirant. why are you touching your armpit? i was just checking to see if it's dry. don't, that's weird.
3:52 am
>> nothing has changed. apple i want you to own it. don't trade it. okay? now tomorrow, 5:00 p.m. your money, your vote. i'll be flapping mwings and getting out to colorado. and i can't wait. i think it's going to be pretty exciting.
3:53 am
i like to say there's always a
3:54 am
3:55 am
3:56 am
3:57 am
3:58 am
3:59 am

12 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on